Reporting abuse

All concerns must be submitted on the current ERSAB Multi-Agency Adults at Risk Concern Form, which is available via the buttons below as an online form or in MS Word format.

An easy read version of the reporting concerns form is available for people with a learning disability which can be completed with support from a carer or care worker.

Reporting Concerns Form (Easy Read)

Easy Read Safeguarding Adults Guidance

The digital (online) concern form is the preferred method for raising a concern, however, the downloadable 'paper' versions (MS Word/PDF) are still acceptable.

Please ensure that all mandatory sections are completed on both versions and as much detail as possible is provided in order to progress the concerns effectively.

The electronic concern form is the preferred method for you to raise a concern, however, we are aware of differences between the web concern form and the more recently updated electronic/paper versions, these do not detract from the use of the form and we encourage continued use of the electronic form to raise a concern.

Action has been taken to bring the web version in-line with the electronic and the paper-based forms.

Please email completed MS Word versions of the concern form to:

What should I do if I become aware of abuse and neglect?

Anyone can witness or become aware of information suggesting that abuse is occurring. It is important that everyone understands what to do, and where to get help and advice.

It is vital that everyone remains vigilant to:

  • be aware of the signs and symptoms of different types of abuse
  • support those adults unable to protect themselves to keep safe
  • support adults to think and weigh up risks and benefits of different options when exercising choice and control
  • know who to tell about suspected abuse or neglect control.

Who do I report safeguarding concerns to?

If you think a vulnerable adult is in danger, at risk, is being mistreated or you have concerns about them, you should contact the East Riding of Yorkshire Council Safeguarding Adults Team (SAT) as soon as possible.

The Safeguarding Adults Team can be contacted directly:

Tel: (01482) 396940

9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am - 4.30pm Friday


Out-of-hours enquires

For out-of-hours enquires, contact the emergency duty team:

Tel: (01377) 241273

Who else may need to be informed?

The Police

If a vulnerable adult is suffering abuse and requires urgent attention because they are in immediate danger call the Police.

Tel: 999 (emergency) or 101 (non-emergency)

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Tel: 03000 6161161

East Riding of Yorkshire Council Customer Service Centre

Tel: (01482) 393939

Are you worried that an adult is at risk?
Report a concern
Emergency out-of-hours phone number
01377 241273

Emergency out-of-hours email